Innovative smart systems and their production techniques will once again take center stage at the Smart Systems Integration in 2018. This vital transfer of knowledge will be one of the highlights of the event, which takes place next year from 11 to 12 April in Dresden, Germany. High-class speakers from industry and research are set to present the latest results and developments in the field of smart systems.
First insight into the conference program
The technical committee has selected innovative and application- oriented content for the conference program, which include the following key-topics:
- Design of smart integrated systems
- Smart systems applications
- Advanced micro- and nano-technologies
- System integration technologies
- In the session “Design of smart integrated systems I” on Thursday, 12 April 2018, participants will have the opportunity to attend a talk on “Super-Low-Power Chip Design for Smart Sensors” by Dr. Gerd Teepe, Globalfoundries Dresden Modules Two LLC & Co. KG. The Best Paper Award winner of Smart Systems Integration 2017, Oliver Willers from Robert Bosch GmbH, will also present a presentation on the topic “Impact of Inter-Wafer Variations on MEMS ‘Fingerprints”. A range of further presentations will be listed in the full conference program available from mid-December on smartsystemsintegration.com/program.
- Exciting social program facilitates knowledge transfer and networking The event will be rounded off by a further informative program. On the eve of the conference, 10 April 2018, a pre-conference field trip will feature a guided tour enabling participants to get to know two so-called Smart Trails of the Smart Systems Hub in Dresden. They can also gain exchange ideas about their area of expertise in a relaxed atmosphere. The Best Paper and Best Poster Award of the Smart Systems Integration 2017 will also be awarded at the Conference Dinner.
On Friday, 13 April 2018, the scientific conference partner and co- organizer of the conference, Fraunhofer ENAS, Chemnitz, Germany, will be offering an After-Conference Field Trip. The “Smart Sensor and Production Systems for Industrial IoT” roadshow trail aims to introduce innovative solutions for continuous digitization in production along the entire value chain. This will be visited as part of the guided tour in Chemnitz.
Strong cooperation partners
Smart Systems Integration works closely with its cooperation partners, the Fraunhofer Institute for Electronic Nano Systems ENAS, Chemnitz, Germany and the Fraunhofer Institute for Reliability and Microintegration IZM, Berlin, Germany. In addition, Smart Systems Integration is part of the activities of EPoSS – The European Technology Platform on Smart Systems Integration. EPoSS is a European Smart Systems Network dedicated to developing this theme and establishing enduring initiatives to promote technological development and the European research landscape.
Mesago, founded in 1982 and located in Stuttgart, specializes in exhibitions and conferences on various topics of technology. The company belongs to the Messe Frankfurt Group. Mesago operates internationally and is not tied to a specific venue. With 130 members of staff Mesago organizes events for the benefit of more than 3,300 exhibitors and over 110,000 trade visitors, conference delegates and speakers from all over the world. Numerous trade associations, publishing houses, scientific institutes and universities work with Mesago closely as advisers, co-organizers and partners.
For more information you can visit Mesago